Clinical Trial Design
Biostatisticians help investigate improved methods of treatment, prevention, detection, and diagnosis
Biostatisticians work with principal investigators on clinical trials to investigate improved methods of treatment, prevention, detection, and diagnosis.
Areas of expertise in clinical trials include:
- Bayesian designs
- Adaptive designs
- Interim analyses and monitoring
- Hypothesis testing strategies for multiple endpoints or groups
- Development of study design and decision rules
- Choice of outcome measures
- Sample size and power calculations
- Development of case report / data collection forms
- Re-estimation of sample size
- Repeated measures designs including cross-over and semi-cross-over
For more information on clinical trial design, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.