RFA: Patient Safety Advancement Grant 2017
Apply for a 2017 Patient Safety Advancement Grant
Faculty, staff and students at the medical center can now apply for grant funding through the Patient Safety Advancement Grants (PSAG) that help further advance quality and patient safety through innovative approaches to improve patient outcomes or preventing patient harm. The deadline for applications is Monday, January 30, at 5:00pm.
This program, a joint effort of The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center and The Center for Clinical and Translational Science (CCTS), aims to help develop grass roots involvement in advancing patient safety in hospital associated studies at the medical center by soliciting and funding ideas generated by faculty, staff and residents.
Up to four grants of $25,000 each in total direct costs for up to one year will be awarded to further advance quality and patient safety by improving patient outcomes and/or preventing patient harm. Funding may be used to support any direct research/implementation expenditure appropriate to furthering the project goals. Funding will not be awarded as bridge funding for ongoing projects, or to purchase large equipment for use as a core resource. Entire budget may not be used to purchase equipment. Each funded project must be completed within one year – no extensions to the period will be considered.
Application ideas should be an innovative or novel approach to improve patient outcomes and/or prevent patient harm. They must also:
- involve a hospital associated study for humans only;
- include clear and objective goals;
- use a well-designed approach or methodology to achieve goals within the year; and
- use quantifiable measures to evaluate the effectiveness of interventions.
All applications must include:
- the application form;
- a biographical sketch of each person involved with the project;
- disclosure of any other grant support;
- disclosure if part of a company;
- a letter of support from the executive sponsor;
- a confirmation commitment letter from a supervisor or faculty chair; and
- a budget form detailing how grant dollars will be allocated.
|Eligibility Criteria||Important Dates|
||Application Deadline 01/30/2017 Anticipated Start Date 03/01/2017|
|Related Programs||Related Pages|