Tools of the Trade: Launching Your Biomedical Research Career
Seminars & Lectures
Plenary Sessions will address
- The importance of effective mentoring for early-stage investigators and the best process for identifying a quality mentor
- Clinical and translational research services available from the CCTS
Attendees can choose from two program tracks:
Clinical and Translational Research
- The role and importance of statistics and statisticians in clinical & translational research.
- Basic grant writing skills.
- The IRB process and what is required for successful protocol submission.
- Key requirements for rigorous and reproducible research.
Management & Leadership
- How to assemble a research team that matches the objectives of the research problem
- Skills and tools for Managing a multidisciplinary team across its fiscal, personnel, regulatory compliance and problem-solving requirements.
- Using tools to effectively manage a research project from conception to completion.
- Using tools to communicate effectively and to manage conflict.
This program is especially intended for junior faculty, postdocs, and graduate students. Staff involved in the clinical research process can also benefit.
Lunch will be provided.