Medical Ethics Conference
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center Presents:
The Center for Bioethics 4th Annual OSU Medical Ethics Conference
Current Controversies in Medical Ethics and Professionalism
Attendees will learn how to:
- Identify the controversies surrounding the definition, teaching, and remediation of professionalism, and the impact on clinical practice and medical education.
- Describe the empirical data on physician assisted suicide and ethically analyze it, articulating arguments in favor of, and against the practice.
- Identify the historical roots of pediatric euthanasia in Europe, and trace these developments through contemporary ethical controversies with pediatric euthanasia today.
- Contrast the role of conscientious objection and civil disobedience in the realm of medicine.
- Articulate reasons for and against professional organizations sanctioning conscientious objection.
- Recognize the history and complexity of professionalism in medicine and how plualism impacts these.
Early Bird Discount is now available until Sun., Sept. 16! Take advantage and register now!