CCTS Clinical Research Boot Camp: Session 1
Session 1: Designing your Research Plan
- Formulating a Good Research Question. Philip Binkley, MD, MPH
- Biostatistics and Clinical Research: Including Sample Size Calculation. Amy Lehman, MS
The Clinical Research Boot Camp, provides an introduction to patient-focused research (in the clinic or using electronic medical records) especially for residents and fellows.
The content may also be of interest to junior faculty, new research personnel, and members of clinical research teams (such as study coordinators, data managers, nurses.)
For the next two sessions, participants can choose to attend the one that best fits with the research they plan to carry out. Session Two focusses on Clinical Research with an emphasis on subject recruitment and regulatory issues, and Session Three focuses on Research Informatics tools.
Session 2. Patient Focused Research Track
Thursday, February 14, 3 to 5 PM
Biomedical Research Tower Room 105.
- Writing a Consent Form
- HIPAA and Research
- Research Participant Recruitment
Session 3. Biomedical Informatics Tools
Monday, February 18, 3 to 5 PM
Biomedical Research Tower Room 105
- IHIS for Research
- Research Survey Instruments.
- Bioinformatics Tools: Disease Registries, Scarlet, Mobile Applications, PRO Collection.