Research Informatics Services facilitates access to data stored in EMRs and IW
Research Informatics Services facilitates access to data stored in the OSU Wexner Medical Center's Electronic Medical Record and Information Warehouse (IW), including clinical encounters, demographics, finance, procedures, medications, laboratory results, clinical reports, order entry, and radiology images.
Researchers can use the IW honest broker protocol to access de-identified clinical data for non-FDA research without having to invest the significant time and effort necessary to craft a formalized protocol for IRB approval. Researchers with IRB approval can access all identified data in the IW.
- Allow for conduct of feasibility analyses and/or preliminary investigations
- Allow for conduct of retrospective data analysis studies
- Alleviates the needs for conducting manual chart reviews
- Allows the user to capture this data in real time and to transfer the data to their research database.
- Provides users of the data the ability to perform multi-dimensional analysis and data minining, the ability to build ad-hoc queries and to perform text mining and NLP, image analysis, web scorecards and dashboards.
|Related Programs||Related Pages||Related Services|