CCTS Third Annual Scientific Meeting
2012 CCTS Scientific Meeting
The CCTS has announced the keynote presenters for the Third Annual CCTS Scientific Meeting: "Integration of "Omics" into Clinical and Translational Research" on Friday, May 18, 2012 from 8:00am - 5:00pm in the Biomedical Research Tower.
This year’s meeting will focus on the expanding role of -omics technology in high impact clinical and translational research and will include talks from leaders in genomics, metabolomics, proteomics and biomedical informatics. Also included will be focused breakout discussion panels and a poster session.
Participant seating and space for poster display are limited so please register and submit your poster abstract early. Investigators whose research highlights a CCTS Pilot or training (TL1 & KL2) award, or includes the use of a CCTS resource, will have top priority for poster selection.
***UPDATE: Registration for the 2012 CCTS Scientific Meeting will close on May 9, 2012.
- Christopher P. Austin, MD: Scientific Director, NIH Center for Translational Therapeutics (NCTT); Director of the Division of Pre-clinical Innovation at the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS), National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Nathan D. Price, PhD: Associate Professor, Institute for Systems Biology; Affiliate Associate Professor, Bio-Engineering and Computer Science & Engineering, University of Washington
- Robert E. Gerszten, MD: Director of Clinical & Translational Research for the MGH Institute for Heart, Vascular and Stroke Care; Senior Associate Member, Broad Institute
- Wolfgang Sadee, Dr.rer.nat.: Felts Mercer Professor of Medicine and Pharmacology; Director, Program in Pharmacogenomics, College of Medicine, The Ohio State University
- Narasimham L. Parinandi, PhD: Associate Professor, Pulmonary, Allergy, Critical Care & Sleep, Division of Pharmacology (College of Pharmacy), The Ohio State University
- Brad H. Rovin, MD, FACP, FASN: Professor and Director, Division of Nephrology, Vice Chair for Research, Department of Internal Medicine, The Ohio State University
- Michael Holsapple, PhD, ATS: Senior Research Leader, Systems Toxicology, Battelle Memorial Institute, Columbus, OH
MEET THE PROFESSORS WORKSHOPS
Participants will be provided a lunch during the informal lunchtime presentations and open discussions with leaders in their respective fields.
Seating is extremely limited, so register early to confirm that you are able to attend your preferred session.
- Demystifying & Clarifying Holistic Innovation: Michael Bills, executive director, The Innovation Initiative, The Ohio State University Fisher College of Business
- Novel Computational and High Throughput Technologies: Chandan Sen, PhD (chair); Raghu Machiraju, PhD; Kun Huang, PhD; Pearlly Yan, PhD, Ralf Bundschuh, PhD
- Small Molecule Epigenetic Modulation (Translational Therapeutics): Pui-Kai (Tom) Li, PhD (chair): Chenglong Li, PhD; Robert Baiocchi, MD, PhD, Division of Hematology and Oncology, College of Medicine; Saïd Sif, PhD, Department of Molecular & Cellular Biochemistry, College of Medicine
POSTERS, POSTER AWARDS, NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES AND REFRESHMENTS
For more information, please email Valerie DeGroff, or call 614-366-7367.
Biomedical Research Tower
460 W. 12th Ave.
Columbus, Ohio 43210
|CCTS Scientific Meeting-_Agenda_04-26-12.pdf||(416 KB)|